It was in 1909 that the ancestors of the Forgeron family settled in the land of Grande Champagne at a place called "Chez Richon" not far from Segonzac.
Small capital of the Grande Champagne, classified Premier Cru of the region of Cognac, Segonzac has a world-wide reputation, thanks to its hillsides which probably saw, but there is no proof of it, the rise of the reputation of its wines and subsequently, in the 1610s, of its brandies, later called in the second half of the 19th century Cognac.
The fourth generation still remains in this place today and it is the two brothers who are at the helm, one more focused on following the vineyard, the other more focused on the commercial.
The vineyard extends over some 24 hectares, 70% of which are on the plain and 30% on the hillsides, all planted to 23 hectares of Ugni-Blanc and one hectare of Folle Blanche, the two main grape varieties for Cognac authorized by law.
It was only in 1977 that the first bottle appeared on the markets.