Domaine des Lambrays
In a title deed of the Abbey of Citeaux dated February 1365 appears for the first time the name "Cloux des Lambrey," a spelling which will disappear in the course of time and which nowadays is written "Clos des Lambrays." On a milestone in the wall of Clos des Lambrays sealed appears this same date as a reminder to the visitor as a tribute to time.
The Clos des Lambrays is located at Morey-Saint-Denis on the prestigious Côte des Nuits. The village of Morey-Saint-Denis has the highest proportion of Grands Crus.
The Clos, one of the Rares and most prestigious Clos de Bourgogne is surrounded by walls and is situated on a gentle ridge on which rests the Clos des Lambrays vineyard whose oldest vines are over 60 years old. The Clos des Lambrays is planted in Pinot Noir on a very small area of about 8 hectares, a very Rare but sublime production.
The Clos des Lambrays house also produces a Puligny-Montrachet and the Clos du Cailleret les Folatieres both in Premier Cru.