Besserat de Bellefon
The House of Besserat de Bellofon was founded in 1843 in the village of Aÿ by Edmond Besserat.
He established himself over time thanks to the distribution of his Cuvées to renowned hotels, restaurants and wine merchants.
In 1920, his grandson married Yvonne de Méric de Bellefon, who came from the nobility of Champagne. This alliance sealed the beginning of Champagne Besserat de Bellefon and the House acquired the family coat of arms.
The birth of the Cuvée des Moines in 1930 was the starting point for the flight of this House. Designed to meet the challenge of a prestigious Parisian restaurant, the Samaritaine de Luxe; To create a Champagne that could accompany an entire meal, Victor Besserat made a Champagne all in finesse with a light effervescence.