La Maison AR Lenoble is one of the Rares Maisons de Champagne to remain family-run and entirely independent to this day.
It was in 1915 that Armand-Raphaël Graser, then a wine merchant in Alsace, left his native region to join Champagne and set up in Damery, in an 18th-century building with typical Champagne architecture, the company's current head office. He began producing Champagne under the brand name "AR Lenoble", "A.R." for his initials and "Lenoble" as a tribute to the nobility of Champagne wines.
In 1947, his son Joseph then succeeded him, then in 1973, on Joseph's retirement, the House passed into the hands of Jean-Marie Malassagne, Armand-Raphaël's grandson, who himself in 1993 handed over the keys to the house to his daughter Anne and son Antoine, the 4th generation at the helm of this very fine House.
Today, in order to pursue its development, the company has decided to open up its capital to the Frère-Gallienne family's FG Bros holding company, which owns stakes in Château Cheval Blanc in Saint-Emilion. Antoine Malassagne "remains associated and operationally involved to ensure the continuity of the work accomplished alongside his sister Anne over three decades.