The Navarre family has been settled in Angoumois since the 14th century. The present property was purchased by Pierre Navarre (1775-1827) in 1811 who was a landlord and merchant there.
It was his grandson who built the present residence located on the banks of the Charente, a strategic location because it was well chosen to be able to load in the hold and on the deck of the barges (flat-bottomed boat) the wines harvested on the neighboring hillsides and the brandies around the middle of the seventeenth century distilled in the warehouses located on the river.
The Domaine extends over 11 hectares of vineyards exclusively located in Grande Champagne classified Premier Cru of the Region of Cognac. The grape varieties are mostly Ugni Blanc (88%), 6% CoLombard and 6% Folle Blanche.
The grapes are harvested by hand, and immediately after the first and only alcoholic fermentation, the wine is distilled in a red copper still of 1000 liters - a small Rare capacity nowadays - conducted by the current owner. Then the brandy will age for many years in cellars along the river, a factor very favorable qualitatively to an optimal aging of Cognacs by a very slow evaporation.